Dynamic sales leader with unparalleled knowledge of sales, in Latin America (LATAM) & Caribbean region, with 15+ years’ success driving market penetration and growth for emerging businesses.
Proven sales leader with a track record of meeting and exceeding sales target and net new revenue goals through LATAM and the Caribbean, with a hunter mindset. Recognized by sales executives and colleagues for excellence managing channel and regional sales operations, expanding network partnerships and consolidating integration partners. Capable strategist that using insights from market and industry research to identify new business and market expansion opportunities. Excellent communicator multilingual in English, Spanish, and Portuguese; interface with diverse team members and clients with regard to cultural norms, and customs. Build and manage working field and executive partnerships within assigned accounts and territories to secure long-term business with current customers, attract new customers, drive revenue, and generate substantial returns on investment (ROI).
Roberto Medina Rivero
Buenos Aires, Argentina
+54 911 4470 1461
+1 786 260 2385
LATAM and Caribbean Channel Sales Director • 2014 - Present
Sales leader responsible for building a large channel network across multiple regions, to quickly reach end customers to meet and exceed sales targets, driving increased value for customers. Oversee end to end sales pipeline, creating and monitoring KPIs for each stage of the process. Continually seek out new opportunities for market penetration and business development to drive sales throughout the region.
- Expanded the Latin America and Caribbean channel network to over 50 value-added resellers (VAR), integrators, and local resellers encompassing verticals, including telecom service providers, federal agencies, utility companies, mining, and oil and gas.
- Successfully established a 100+ opportunity pipeline valued at $26M capable of selling high-capacity microwave solutions to T1, T2 and T3 telecom service providers throughout the region.
Regional Sales Director, South America • 2011-2013
Increased top-line revenue through strategic management of multiple sales teams across South America. Created a comprehensive direct sales campaign for ISP, mobile, and MSO operations for an UltraBand transparent caching platform provider. Improved individual and team-wide performance of a 6 member staff through mentoring, training, and metric-oriented performance evaluations. Forged concrete partnerships with representatives from local businesses to enhance company presence within the market. Built and managed a sales funnel dedicated to prospective business opportunities in next-generation infrastructure and subscriber solutions.
- Generated over $5M in LATAM opportunities, in addition to over 15 new customers in one year for PeerApp, Ltd.
- Simultaneously up-sold $500K in additional features, upgrades, and licenses for 12 current customers, and secured over $5M in sales opportunities with new customers for PeerApp, Ltd.
- Successfully closed on a sale valued at $400K for a large customer in Chile for PeerApp, Ltd.
- Prospected and built strategic relationships with T1, T2, and T3 telecom service providers comprised of current installed base customers and prospects to generate $7M in new opportunities across Peru, Colombia, Argentina, and Bolivia for Sonus Networks.
Regional Sales Director, South America • 2009-2011
Spearheaded sales operations in South America for multinational provider of cellular backhaul network solutions with focus on expanding sales volume in several targeted regions including Brazil. Entrusted as Account Lead for business-critical OEM partners in region. Maintained current knowledge of market and economic trends in key areas as well as internal KPIs to drive strategic planning. Trained and mentored team of three to ensure achievement of growth and profitability targets.
- Enhanced global distribution network with partners in each country under management by selecting companies that had experience selling similar solutions or the right contacts in the end-customers.
- Strategized an effective, fruitful roadmap designed for market penetration within Uruguay, Argentina, and Peru, leading to $1.5M in new contracts.
Regional Sales Director, South America • 2005-2009
Orchestrated effective sales and marketing strategies to obtain market share from well-known industry figureheads. Directed a team of seven in accordance with all business objectives. Reviewed opportunities within established markets to develop unique marketing roadmaps, sales, and campaigns based on market conditions across nine countries within South America for a telecom service provider generating $3M per annum, specializing in microwave backhaul solutions.
- Expanded distribution network throughout the South America region by managing partner relationships, resulting in $6M worth of contracts across countries.
- Consistently achieved an average of $2M sales from scratch by selling the products in different countries within the region.
- Earned Telefonica’s invitation to participate in RFP for LATAM region by driving abundant promotional activity in targeted areas, including Spanish headquarters.
Previously carried full P&L accountability for business growth, including LATAM operations leadership and new product development, as Regional Sales & Marketing Manager at Eastel SAIC and Account Manager for NEC Argentina.
Electronic Engineering and Telecommunications Coursework • Buenos Aires, Argentina
Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Diploma• Buenos Aires, Argentina
+54 9 11 4470 1464
+1 786 260 2385